A long time ago I posted about our Christmas in July and Kay's good use of our fridge. We took a picture that night, which much later I got a copy of, and then I started a draft of this post containing just the image. Now, months later, I can continue that post.
I like our fridge. It's evolved over the year, and is used for passing messages, cute artwork, doing homework, and just about anything else that might requiring writing stuff down. On the freezer below (not pictured) are some scribbles from when my nephews were visiting in March and felt like contributing. You'll see the top left is typically our grocery list. The top right used to track when we fed the cat, but isn't used anymore, though an improved drawing is in it's place. We have some baking and baked goods meters, though admittedly I think they are often out of date. Love the idea though. Ann typically draws dragons, which I love. She's got quite a bit of artistic talent. The dragon on the bottom right is still there, months later. Though in the past week Ginny colored him in.
Currently in the middle is the crazy map of how we needed to use the over to make our Christmas in July dinner. Mad props once again to Kay for such a super job on that. We've got a listing first of what everything is that needs to be baked, and for how long at what temperature. Then below that she worked out a timeline, which we updated throughout the day, of when everything could go in, including overlapping things with similar temperatures in the oven. It was a job well done! You can see everything I've been describing in this picture:
My last fridge couldn't be written on, and wasn't even magnetic. So sad. This is quite the improvement. I have a collection of fridge magnets back home, though not many are here. A lot are famous quotes though not all. I have a few favorites. One says "Don't make me come down there -- God", another has a fat chef who says "I like to cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food". I can agree with that one!
I love fridges you can write on. I did that in college and had lots of lists on them. Very convenient. Unfortunately, I discovered too late that I couldn't really erase the marks off of one of them.
ReplyDeleteI also like that you still have stuff from the boys. That's so sweet.