15 August, 2010

Extra slim, the new large

A few weeks ago I went shopping at DFO (Direct Factory Outlets) with Brendan, Christie, Beth, and Yas. I'm not sure why as I don't really need anything. Okay, that's a lie, I could use a jacket, and some decent slacks, and some new t-shirts. But for some reason I didn't feel like really getting much that day, but I still went shopping on what turned into a fairly massive outlet shopping trip. It was a success though as we got Brendan a hot suit and all the girls found some awesome stuff.

Brendan and I in our wanderings went by this store Rivers, which had some nice things, but nothing in our (very small) size. Everything was huge, and they mostly had only large sizes available. If they had a small, I'm guessing it would be too big for me. On one nice looking jacket they had this oxymoronic label. I'm not sure if oxymoronic is a word, but you know what I mean. Really, the picture should explain it all.


Can someone please explain to me how you can have a "Really Really X Slim Fit" jacket that is also XXL. I mean, I guess at any size something could have a slimming cut vs one that's not. But it just seems a little weird to call anything that is extra, extra large also really really extra slim fit. I just visualize this marketing guy saying "It's so slim it almost like you're wearing a medium." Well it provided some amusement for my day so it wasn't all bad, and I'm sure it would look good on someone.

In another store, Tarocash I believe, we saw this amazing wool jacket. I really liked it. However that jacket was an extra small that was really extra small, and fitted. I could zip it up, but it felt pretty tight on me when I did it, which is quite the accomplishment. Sadly, it was the only size they had so, no jacket for me. I'm picky about having things that fit. On a different clothes related note though, I've found this shop Marcs that has excellent dress shirts and their x-small fits me amazingly well. They aren't cheap but the fabric feels great and some of the shirts look very nice as well. I bought two before my last trip to the US to wearat various wedding related events and anything else dressy and I've worn them several times since. If I find any more shirts I like at Marcs I'll definitely be buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment